GEORGE DIEDERIK DE BEER
DIRECTOR AND FOUNDING PARTNER
George is a director of BDP Attorneys and has over 25 years’ experience in family law, constitutional law, insolvency law, company and commercial law issues
George, a renowned Cape Town divorce lawyer, has developed pre nuptial contracts for, or handled the divorce proceedings of, more than 4000 couples over the last thirty years.
George is a formidable opponent in any courtroom battle. He uses razor sharp logic and an unsurpassed knowledge of the law to achieve the highest ratio of successful outcomes for clients. As tenacious as he is in the courtroom, George is also empathetic, understanding and easy to talk to.
Not many people know that George is also a talented wildlife and nature photographer. When he is not in a Cape Town divorce court, he can be found off the grid somewhere in the desert or bush of Southern Africa, his Canon 5D banging against his side as he waits patiently for the sunrise golden hour to illuminate his next shot.
If you are getting married, or you need family friendly empathetic advice before arbitration or divorce proceedings, it makes sense to call Cape Town’s leading family law attorney.
Your first consultation is always free.
George obtained his B.Proc degree from the University of the Orange Free State during 1995 and was admitted as an Attorney in 1996, and practiced as such to date. He joined Honey Attorneys, Bloemfontein in January 1991 as a Candidate Attorney, and established BDP Attorneys’ predecessor, Honey Attorneys (Cape Town) in 1996.
B.Proc (University of Free State)
Admissions & Membership
Attorney of the High Court, South Africa
Cape Law Society
His areas of expertise are:
- Advice on Matrimonial Systems
- Antenuptial Contracts /
- Co-habitation agreements, domestic relations, same sex relationships
- Divorce Law and Family Law
- Divorce Mediation
- Matrimonial property law: Proprietary and financial claims, Trusts, companies, close corporations in divorce proceedings.
- Rule 43 Applications and Urgent Monetary Relief Applications
- Maintenance (Child and Spousal)
- Parenting Plans, Custody (care and contact) of children
- Parental Responsibilities and Rights
- Parental Alienation
- Children’s Rights
- Unmarried Fathers’ Rights and Access to Children
- Biological Fathers’ rights and Access to Children
- Grandparents’ Rights and Access to Children
- Domestic Abuse, Harassment, Interdicts and Protections Orders